9/4 – 9/10 2010 fishing report

Before I start with the fishing report, thanks for your hospitality Wayne and Lydia. The camp was top notch and very enjoyable.

Fishing: Turnover on the lake happened the week while I was up so it was slow for all species. There also was a rough cold front the night before we came in that never moved out. Water temps at the beginning of the week were 67…at end were 62.

Muskies: Our party boated seven muskies…..larger ones trolling and smaller ones casting as is conducive with fall weather moving water temps down. A group did well casting for a few day as turnover started boating a 48 incher.

Bass: I hit the big boulder areas near the train tracks, but the fish were scattered. Only fished minimally for them….top was 3.5 lbs.

Walleye: live bait was the way to go. We did well with minnows (no leeches as none were being trapped this late). The walleye were very deep as the school up with a slow bite.

I’ve fished Canyon Lake before and we hit some of the roughest conditions available. If you have any questions ask and I’ll put specifics. Dress warm up there and enjoy.

Steve