www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Support your local baitshop

Lightbulb Support your local baitshop

I know shopping for fishing stuff online is really convenient, and there can be great deals at times, or some products may only be available online...
    BUT nowhere in cyber-land reproduces the feeling of walking into a baitshop. LURES! It's almost like church to a lot of us!

What makes a bait shop isn't the lures, (although they're very pretty, and quite seductive!) it's the owner/counter help. A great baitshop has someone who is knowledgable, there to help us with our purchase,and plan fishing strategies for a wide area, giving fishing reports and listening to our whopper fishing tales.

If you ask me what my favorite baitshop is I'd tell you one local and one in the Northwoods- Fishing Connection in Tinley Park and Pastika's in Hayward.

The Fishing Connection (F.C.) has been a tremendous supporter of Midwest Musky Club fundraisers, and Greg the owner is thoroughly helpful and courteous. I suggest that any Midwest Musky Club member who shops at Fishing Connection, visit the following link and write a review of Fishing Connection- as a thanks for everything he's done in the past and currently.

Yahoo Local F.C. Review:
    http://local.yahoo.com/info-17317201...on-tinley-park

DexKnows F.C. Review:
    http://www.dexknows.com/business_profiles/fishing_connection-b186668

Mike Witowski

Don't forget to support Mik-Lurch in Hammond, IN who have been strong supporters of the Midwest Musky Club for many years. A person can get plenty of information about Lake Michigan, the Webster region, and Wolf Lake from Eddie & Mike at Mik-Lurch. I urge all anglers to also patronize Mik-Lurch.

Exclamation

Great point Pat. Mik Lurch is great too. Anglers Outlet are some good people as well. Musky Tales is superb also. They all support our club and are great tackle shops.

If you visit any of these above mentioned small businesses, go ahead and tell them you're with the Midwest Musky Club. Pat brought that up last meeting and I think that's really important. Great point Pat.

****SPORTSMEN'S DAY UPDATE*****
    FRANK HYLA IS NOT GUEST SPEAKING

The board is working together to come up with some entertainment, but I think we're leaning towards a John Sutton dunk tank!! I would spend $30 bucks easily! lol
    Last edited by muskellunged; 09-14-2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: change $20 to $30