www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: SEPT 9th REPORT

Default SEPT 9th REPORT

A little cold front has moved into the area....water temps have dropped for the time being into the low to mid 60's....

Fishing has been streaky with the huge swings in weather. I fished with Gillespie the monday afternoon and tuesday morning....we did do very well considering the weather. Crappies, walleyes, and muskies

Also, the lakes haven't turned over......this won't happen for a bit....just cause the calendar flipped to Sept, doesn't mean the lakes flipped too.

Crappies are biting very well along deep weed edges and will soon set up shop near the deepest areas of a lake adjacent to mud flats....minnie mites and small Gulp! tails remain to be the best lure of choice...

Walleyes are up and down....mid-lake rock bars, sand bars, and steep breaks are holding fish.....I can find and mark a ton of fish, but from time to time, the bite is inconsistant....as the water temps stabilize, the bite will pick up too. Jigs and livebait(redtails, crawlers) are the best right now.

Muskies seem to be the most consistant bite right now.....deep weed edges, rock bars, and steep shorelines are all holding fish....Suicks, Bulldawgs, Double 10's, and some reports of quick-set suckers are all getting results...as the lakes near towards turnover, watch for a strong movement of muskies to the shallows as the biggest cool down(water) will happen....this is some of the best topwater fishing of the year.

Good luck!
    Rob Manthei Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.robmanthei.com

http://www.stgermainlodge.com

Default fishing report update

heading up to St. Germain this weekend 16-19 Sept wondering how the musky season going this month, any advise would be appreciated, will probably fish Lt. St. Germain, and Big Arb, (father in-law doesnt believe in trying new water) would like to see at least a follow. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cgonz View Post
    heading up to St. Germain this weekend 16-19 Sept wondering how the musky season going this month, any advise would be appreciated, will probably fish Lt. St. Germain, and Big Arb, (father in-law doesnt believe in trying new water) would like to see at least a follow. Thanks
    Me too cgonz except I will be on Lost Lake.