www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Reports

Default Reports

The water and weather seem to be cooling down. I talked to a few people around Shelbyville and had said the water temperatures had sunk below 80 last weekend, and with the forecasted weather and rain should stay well below 80!! Has anyone been fishing?

Was on the lake Friday, had water temps at 78F. Was on Shelby today for work, water clarity was 1 meter down by dam. I have been itching so bad to start muskie fishing but have no time. Too busy with Asian carp sampling from Havana up to Chicago. I am going to try this week. Got tackle ready and hooks sharpened just need the time.
    Boss had muskie take down a hooked white bass at boatside three weeks ago and lost both after a short battle.

Default 9-15 Report

Hit the lake from 2-7 this evening. Had water temps between 76-78F. I thought that with precold front conditions with overcast skies would produce. I thought wrong. Never seen a fish. Seemed like the water had alittle more of a green tint and the water level had dropped from last week. Ran into Nick on the water, I believe he fished from 6am to about 3pm and had two follows. Bait fish are on the move. Seen tons of brook silversides hitting the surface along with schools of gizzard shad making their way back into coves. Don't know when I'll head out next.