www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: BDNGLSF Cabela's Last Chance Walleye Tournament

Default BDNGLSF Cabela's Last Chance Walleye Tournament

The Bays De Noc Great Lakes Sport Fishing club will be holding it's annual Walleye's Choice-Cabela's-Cliff D'Arcy Memorial- Last Chance walleye tournament on Sunday, September 19th.

• Launch and weigh-in will be held at the Escanaba North Shore boat launch.
    • Boat inspection starts at 6AM.
    • Rules meeting starts at 6:45.
    • Fishing time is from 7am to 4:30pm.
    • Entry fee is $125 per team.
    • Both contestants must be paid members of the BDNGLSF.
    • Any questions, call tournament director Kelly King @ (906) 428-4299.

This is the clubs final walleye tournament of the year, and is a qualifying event for the 2011 Cabela's National Team Championship that will be held on the bay next August. The winner of this tournament, and the winners of the Early Bird and Bays Classic, will be qualified to compete in the NTC. The series points from all three tournaments will be added up to determine what teams will fill any remaining slots the club gets.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by The Bait Shop Guy; 09-20-2010 at 06:14 AM.
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Congratulations to Lynn Hanisko and Andy Porath for winning the Last Chance Walleye Tournament with over 21 pounds of fish.
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Chris,

Do you have the full results?

Total number of boats?

Was that 21 pounds a limit?

Any ideas where the fish were?

We fished for fun on Sunday out of Cedar and went north. We did see many tournament boats.

how far north did you go?
    KEEP THE SLOT ON BAY DE NOC

Should've went south out of cedar. What time did you go out? What color boat were you in?

does anybody have the total results for the tournament and the points for the championship boats?

We left Cedar at 7:30 CST and ran up to the south hump off of No-see-um. I was going to start at Seagull but there were three boats there. We ended at 2:30 on Deadman's.

Tried cranks and crawlers.

We were in an older Blue/Gray ranger.

jtourangeau - should we have gone farther north?

Fastcat - how far south should we have gone?

Im not a good one to give advice since I zeroed with half the field.The fish I did catch were too short or wrong kind. Was that your buddy in the tourney with the 2010 621/ 300xs merc from Green Bay.nice boat ... From what I gather fishing is better closer to sundown.

We were one of the boats at seagull when you went by, we were skunked there. From what I heard at the MWC tourney you should of taken a right out of cedar and worked the western shoreline from Wells Park south. Havent tried myself, but thats the word on the street.

Don't know any one who fished the tournament yesterday, I knew it was going on so I was wondering if everyone else struggled too.

I heard about the MWC results and have a pretty good idea of where they were. I'll be staying in Esky in a couple of weeks and was trying to find something closer.

How many fish did the winners have? and what was the limit for the tournament?

Do you know how many boats were in it?

Default Last Chance

Befishin I think there were like 22 boats winners had 4 fish ,you could way 5 though. from what I heard it has been pretty tough fishin since this cold weather has hit.

In a couple of weeks there may be something closer, the wind is switching direction constantly and that coupled with the temperature is screwing things up out there.

Quote Originally Posted by befishin View Post
    We left Cedar at 7:30 CST and ran up to the south hump off of No-see-um. I was going to start at Seagull but there were three boats there. We ended at 2:30 on Deadman's.

Tried cranks and crawlers.

We were in an older Blue/Gray ranger.

jtourangeau - should we have gone farther north?

Fastcat - how far south should we have gone?
    You ran from CR to noseeum? Wouldn't it have been easier to trailer further north? I've been getting a few down that way, but not easy, having to work for them. This weather blows.
    Gary
    "SeeSwell"

Are you fishing the mws championship in a couple weeks?What are the boundryz ? Takes the club a few days to post the results on here,but theyll getum up.

DooFighter - I wanted to hit Seagull, Deer Creek, Deadman's and the deep hump off Cedar. The wind was suppose to be out of the N, really was no wind until we got down to Deer Creek then it was out of the S.

When you get them down that way are you getting them on cranks or crawlers? Day or Night?

jtourangeau - MWS championship? Never heard of it But I would guess there is no boundary.

Cranks at night. Sometimes I feel like Dracula trying to get out of bed the next morning
    Gary
    "SeeSwell"

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jtourangeau
    Was that your buddy in the tourney with the 2010 621/ 300xs merc from Green Bay.nice boat ...

Those guys were in it ? Not many of those new 621's with that 300hp stroker motor out of the Merc race shop around, had to be a Walleye Madness Guide Service boat, those guys have tore up the bay this year with dozen top 10's between them.

Word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!