www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Water Temps on Kinkaid

Default Water Temps on Kinkaid

Does anyone know what the water temps are currently on Kinkaid? Last time I was on the lake the temps were upper 80's and low 90's in some areas in early August.

Jake

I hope to God you didn't see anyone muskie fishing in those water temps!!! That is a lethal combination.
    Chad Cain Guide Service
    Chad Cain

Web Site: http://www.chadcain.com

Default Temps

Haven't been on Kinkaid lately but I've spent a good amount of time on similar waters in the local area. Last week water temps on Egypt got down to about 82 degrees. The cooler nights really helped out a bit, actually turned the fish on too! This week its warmed up again and of course temps are slowly climbing again. Yesterday 85 degrees.

Default Kinkaid Water Temps

Went over to Kinkaid lake on Saturday evening for the 3 hours before dusk. Water temps were hovering between 80-81 degrees. Cooler evenings are definitely cooling temps as AFChris said. The rain forecasted for this week should help as well. I did not see anyone musky fishing yet. It's almost time to switch out the bass and panfish gear for the musky rods!

last time I heard from a friend of mine who was there on Friday it was 82F. I heard some people have started to fish for muskies this week. Not sure how they did, I would give it by the end of next week the water tems should go down to mid 70's
    We Who Are Truly Brave Will Never Live In Fear...

wanting to come down next weekend but need to know the water temps, i want to fish for musky but won't if temps are to high.

Last I heard from a friend of mine was that the temps are 74 at the water treatment and 78 at the North side of the lake. That was on Sunday it should drop a couple of degrees by this weekend. He said thre were some people fishing (mainly troling deep water for muskies).

Good luck
    We Who Are Truly Brave Will Never Live In Fear...