www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report August 31, 2010

Summers: Lake Mille Lacs, Mn, Winters: Lockport, IL

Default Fishing Report August 31, 2010

Lake conditions: Last week marked 3 days of strong North winds, 1 nice day and 4 days of strong Southerly winds and a couple of cold fronts.....sound confusing...it was believe me. Water Temps maintaining 71- 73 degrees. Water Clairity: 2- 3 feet at best. Water color: tanish stain from the bottom being stirred up.

Guided 4 days last week or should I say battled the winds. Winds dictated what part of the lake was fishable....early on fished the north side, Friday, Saturday, Sunday the south side. Very difficult to maintain good boat control and at times didnt think my 60" trolling motor shaft was long enough. Winds also required us to up size our baits to maintain bottom contact. Fishing was tough, although numbers were pretty good but size was below average. Most fish caught on plastics, ie craws and tubes. As a added bonus clients caught two nice northern pike in the 42 to 45" range (see client photos on this web site)

This week we welcome a grounp of anglers from the Chicago area...they'll be fishing the Mille Lacs area lake all of Labor Day week. McQuoids Inn will be hosting this annual event.
    Jim DaRosa
    Jim DaRosa's Smallmouth Bass Guide Service

Web Site: http://www.FishSmallmouthBass.com

Co Host Fishing and Outdoor Radio Show
    Web Site: http://www.FishingandOutdoorRadio.com

"If man concentrated on the important things in life there would be a shortage of fishing poles and duck decoys."

Hey Jim,

What lakes would you recommend around the area for largemouth if mille lacs gets too windy. im having some friends come up from south dakota next week and i know how mille lacs can get when the wind picks up. Any recommendations for lakes with nice largemouth in it?

P.S. I meant to book a guided trip this year but didnt have too much time. Next year ill be booking one for sure. Thanks for help