www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: New to Chippewa

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default chip fishing

hire a guide if you can. The lake is to big to figure out on your own. East side stained water west side clear. Crappies and walleyes on floating bogs which need a special technique to fish. The only pattern I found last year was Largemoth bass in shallow weeds and pads using a hedon moss boss topwater weedless brown scale with chartruse tail. Worked for 3 days till cold front came in and drove fish out of the shallows. Lake was down at least 3 feet last year so everything might change this year. Everyone always say lure color for musky is black with green blades, and i've been told by some resort owners to downsize to mepps musky killer sizes. i also learned a trick about crappie in the fall, use ice jigs with maggots when their schooling. Hope this helps as I have never realy slayed the fish on the big chip but the scenry is the best. Norm Gilmoure

Some of the best baits have been Ghosttails for sure, with Pacemakers, Suicks, Big Game twitchbaits, Slammer Crankbaits, and Cowgirls rounding off the list. And last but not least, Bulldawgs in the fall.

Colors are usually the natural colors on jerk and crankbaits and black with green blades on bucktails but a large variety of colors do work on the bucktials. For topwater, a large variety of colors work also.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com