Nice fish guys!

I went out with the DNR to do some of the sampling this spring, and had a great time helping mark and work the fish. My only suggestion, which I'll also pose to Justine when we speak at our stocking, would be to keep track of where the fish were initially tagged and worked. I thought this would 've been key information for the survey, to study the potential movements of these critters through the season and also into next year. It actually surprises me that a gps coordinate, net #, or location ID that would take no more than a few seconds to allocate after each net is completed, isn't given to each fish, as is often done with surveys elsewhere. That way, the travel of Wes's fish and others like it would be known. Wouldn't it be neat to know if a fish caught in a net next spring, may have spawned either in the same exact spot, or several miles from where it was recaptured? It is also helpful in determining potential entrainment(travel through the dams) and whether the fish potentially stage in areas above the dams before, or below the dams after said event.

At any rate, I commend Justine for the unprecedented hard work she has put in here in the short time she's been here. I'm alsoglad this survey is continuing, hopeful that the DNR will obtain enough funding to continue and broaden the Pete survey to the south end as planned, and willing to help as needed when survey season arrives.

Jason