www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Shadillac techniques

Default Shadillac techniques

Do you usually straight reel these in, or give them a pause now and then? Count them down?

My reel problems continued this year, but now I'm back in the game throwing big baits and the Shadillac is getting some swim time. Just curious on your presentation techniques with it.

They figure 8 very nicely.

I throw mine just like a Kick'n Minnow bomb cast and nice even retrieve, but oncwe in awhile burst a bit then steady. The video that Mike posted in January showed a big muskie following a trolled Shadillac and stayed with it for awhile. Some guys wondered if they goosed the throttle would the change have provoked a strike. So now I goose her once in awhile on the retrieve. You need to be prepared for lazy follows and react at boatside to try and get em to go. Brought my largest fish so far this year up on the sucker pattern, but couldn't convert her! Nice look though! One nice thing about these baits too they fish a little deeper and no broken sections or repairs! Good Luck!

Buddy Ellenburg

Take a kid fishing they'll have a lifetime of memories!

I never pause mine. The one constant I do is always make bomb casts. I will vary my speed but I am constantly cranking...medium retrieve mixed with a few burst of speed or just a simple straight crank seems to work best.
    Mike Hulbert's Musky Guide Service
    E-mail: info@mikehulbert.com
    Web Site: http://www.mikehulbert.com

419-553-6570

Release 'em all