www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Bottom Bouncer Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default spinner

I should have mentioned. We use bait casting tackle. 6' medium action rods, flipping reels and 20# Spider Wire line. The real secret to not getting hung up is not to let too much line out.
    Dick

Dick is right on the money. It's tough to beat pulling spinners on the Canadian side on LOTW. We usually troll spinners with the pencil style bouncer weights ("L" shaped are fine, too). We have success with leeches, crawlers and minnows. We do use jigs and minnows in the spring and fall, and in the summer if they're stacked on a certain spot. Trolling cranks also works on top of the reefs, too and after dinner time near shorelines.

We're on the north end of Hanson Bay and look onto Waldron. The wind sure came up this weekend - that's for sure.

Default spinners

I have to agree with mlures not letting too much line out is the key. I use the banana style weights and don't have any problems. I think I will pick up some bottom bouncers, especially for the newbies on the boat. My speed is just the same as mlures, and I use medium heavy poles. Too fast of speed and you have to let too much line out to get to the bottom next thing you know you are hung up in a heart beat, hope this helps.