www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Looking for lodging advice

Default Looking for lodging advice

I am wondering if anyone out there can recommend a place to stay for a fall (early October) fishing trip for ~8 guys. Needs to be on a lake. Thanks in advance.

-Tim

Here you go, the below resorts are on Big & Little St Germain Lakes, they are also the lodging/fishing sites of Rob Manthei & Ken Jackson who sponsor this board.

http://www.stgermainlodge.com/
    St. Germain Lodge and Resort located in St. Germain, Wisconsin is the perfect Wisconsin Resort for Snowmobiling, Fishing, Hunting and for all your Vacation needs.

The St. Germain Lodge & Resort is cleverly hidden on the north shore of Big St. Germain Lake which also connects to Lake Content and Fawn Lake. It's located between Minocqua and Eagle River Wisconsin off Hwy. 70.

http://www.fibbersresort.com/
    Pick a Season… relax and enjoy a unique northwoods vacation experience on beautiful Big St Germain Lake. Whether your interests are in Fishing, Hunting, Snowmobiling, Hiking, Biking, or just spending time in the Outdoors. Fibber's Resort features comfortable and affordable accommodations all with the spectacular view overlooking the north shore of Big St Germain Lake one of Northern Wisconsin’s premier lakes

http://www.jacksonslakeside.com/
    Jackson's Lodge is a popular summertime place for all ages. Constructed from Norway pine logs in the spring of 1935, the Lodge is one of the few remaining large log structures from that era. Our fireplace attracts guests in the evening, while kids play a variety of games. We also operate a small bar where adults can meet fellow guests and swap tales over a friendly drink.

Jackson's offers approximately 100 wooded acres for you to enjoy. Many guests enjoy walking among the tall pines away from the cottage area. Animal lovers can see a variety of birds and other wildlife within only a minute's walk of their cottage

Thanks

Default resorts

I have either stayed at or checked out the resorts listed by the administrator and agree that both are very good places to stay.

I will give you a few differences between the places, just for additional information. Rob's place on Big St. has a very good bar/restaurant right on site (Fibbers), but the cabins are set further from the water (you must cross a road to get to the docks) and you cannot see much of the lake from them. This also means you must carry your equipment a distance to and from your boat.

Ken's resort on Little St. has the cabins much closer to the water and has a traditional lodge for gathering and discussing fishing with other guests or your own group, but does not have a restaurant on site.

Depending upon what your group is looking for, you may prefer one over the other. The best thing would be to tour both, but I don't know how far away you are.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the recommendation. I will check them both out.