www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 3 walleyes at the ford...

Default 3 walleyes at the ford...

Interesting night last night out of the ford. Pretty limited by my boat, but learned a few things.

It was a beautiful night on the water. Clear skies, big bright moon and a bright/planet star to the ne of it... (not sure what it was... rumor had it that mars was large and visible this week, but i think thats a hoax).

Probably more wave action than I care for in my little 16 footer with 1-3 footers rolling in. I had to go really slow and keep everything heavy, including Lloyd, in the back of the boat to keep the nose from dipping into the waves when running out into it.. This made finding a place to fish difficult... or simple depending how you look at it (fished close to the island). Trolling wasnt too bad if I just paid attention to our direction... I even waited on setting lines til Lloyd was done an so that someone could keep an eye on things.

We managed to hook 5 fish but lost 2...partly I think due to the confusion. The biggest was about 24".

Looking forward to going back with a bit less weather.

My brother and I got to tag along with "DOOFIGHTER" for a little trolling down that way after dark. I wonder what happened to the calm wind that was predicted for after dark Needless to say, there was a pretty good walleye chop on the water! Made for a fun ride to and from Escanaba

We went 7 for 8 trolling in 16 to 20 FOW. Got two on a Purple Barely Naked Deep Little Ripper 90 feet back, and one on a Pink Clown Deep Husky Jerk 75 back. Hot set-ups were the assorted Rattling Rogues with snap-weights to get them down about 12 feet. Best fish of the night went 25 inches.

Didn't notice the planet, but the northern lights put on a nice little show.

Thanks for the invite, Gary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8-23 walleye 003a.JPG 
Views:	265 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	11432  
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Yup, we saw the northern lights breifly. Pretty cool.