Have the whole "gang" up here from Ohio including my great friends Danny Quinn, Lynn and Renee Lavey and their son Blake, and the rest of the Lavey family. We hit muskies hard all day to beat the incoming cold front (hitting here right now at 11:00pm with heavy rain). Blake had a low forties inch musky hit his Esox Edge bucktail just as he was pulling the bait out of the water after one figure eight! The fish tried to crush him so hard that his Dad Lynn got soaked from the chest down after the boat side explosion while Lynn was talking on his cell phone!! Lots of laughs there....

We raised two other muskies this morning. Came back to the lake around 4:30pm hoping the front would hit after moonrise (it didn't). I raised a real nice mid-forties on an old stand by, a Buchertail 800 Series bucktail. The fish actually tried to eat it ten feet from the boat as I watched her open her mouth and swipe at my offering. She followed me to the boat after the miss, and then I fired a Manta jerkbait back at her and she followed again , though not as hot.

Lastly, right before we pulled, Danny had a upper thirties incher hit his Topraider and he lost it after three big head shakes on a long bomb cast. Fun first day of vacation and it was really great fishing with my close friends from Ohio! More to come this week.....