www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Visiting Germain area Sept 5th week

Default Visiting Germain area Sept 5th week

Hello folks,
    I was hoping to get a bit of information about what lakes will be best to fish the week of Sept 4th - 11th.
    Willing to travel to whatever lakes are most promising. Fishing for Bass, Walleye, BlueGill, Pike and Musky...probably in that order.
    All but the odd Walleye and a few Bluegills would be Catch, Photo and Release.
    I'm not a fan of using live bait, but will consider it if that's the only alternative.
    We're thinking about hiring Ken for a day early on in the trip to help get a handle on what's happening.
    I have my own boat and know the area a little bit. We stayed in Eagle River last season about this same time frame.
    If anybody is going to be fishing that timeframe, and wouldn't mind a follow boat, that could be a fun time as well...Meet some new people, share some fishing knowledge and catch some fish!!

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

Morgan
    Last edited by CaptainMo; 08-24-2010 at 07:45 AM.

I would suggest spending some time with Ken but book him early as he coaches football along with running his resort. I would suggest picking up a copy of Fishing the North Country. I have 6 of the editions that cover different areas and they are indespensible. I have been on the water over 100 days so far this year in Vilas county and I always bring them along.

Conditions are changing daily at this time of the year. Water temps went from low 80's to upper 60's in a week and then back up. They'll fall again later this week so it's hard to predict what lakes will be "on".

Here is the link :http://www.fishingthenorthcountry.com/ Ray at Ray's Landing has them.

Thumbs up

Hi Jim, and thanks for the quick response.

I thoroughly understand and appreciate the ever changing conditions the Northern areas present us with. I have a cabin over by Spooner and fish that immediate area alot, as well as the Chippewa, Grindstone, Lac Courte Oreilles, etc, etc.
    I was hoping to gain a bit of insight a little bit early, due to lack of internet access to do so while we're up there.

I picked up one of those books at Madison Expo this past Spring for when I spent a week up on the Cisco Chain of Lakes in May. I agree, they are very helpful and insightful.
    I sent Ken an e-mail last inquiring about his availability during the timeframe we will be staying in the area.

Thanks again for your feedback,

Morgan