www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: water reports and muskie on webster.

Default water reports and muskie on webster.

planning a trip back to the cabin in the epworth forest for one last blowout of the summer and i was just checking on the muskie fishing and the water temps. how is the fishing i general up there? we live in indy so its hard for us to get there a lot this year. Thanks.

Nobody is fishing for muskie right now the water temps have been well into the eighties since June. It looks like as least a couple of weeks or more til water conditions are more favorable. I'd like to see it down to 75 thru the thermocline that is approaching alot safer conditions for the fish!

Buddy Ellenburg

Take a kid fishing they'll have a lifetime of memories!

thanks for the info, thats what i was affraid of.

i took a look at the extended forecast for the weekend and it looks like a cool down through the week. does anyone think this might cool the water down enough for a decent day of fishing on saturday?

With a couple of cooler days the temps will be no where near ready to fish for muskies yet. Just like in the early spring, a couple of warm days doesn't take the ice off in 48 hours. The temps have been hot since June, so pretty much 3 solid months of 80+ degree temps. The warm water dives deep into the water column, and 80 degree water can be found 16 feet down. It takes awhile to cool off that much water. We need rain, wind and cooler weather for all of this to happen.
    Mike Hulbert's Musky Guide Service
    E-mail: info@mikehulbert.com
    Web Site: http://www.mikehulbert.com

419-553-6570

Release 'em all

Thumbs up bluegill / panfish

my grandpa and I went up to webster a few weeks ago and the whole entire week we were up there we caught livewells full of bluegill, crappie, and perch and by about the third day we started putting limits on the fish, we kept only the 8 inchers thinking that we wouldnt catch very many if not any that size but we would catch 10-15 bluegill that size it was crazy we are definitely going back next year, and I almost forgot the water temps were around 83 in the morning and 87 in the evening