www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Muskie Opener!!!

Default Muskie Opener!!!

We are getting excited to see all of you Muskie fisher people!! We are going to have pizza and beer night on Wednesday from 9:00-11:00. I will send out some flyers before hand, I do not want to miss anyone.

The weather is finally warming up, the water temps in some bays are 60 F. We are supposed to have up to the upper 70's, that will help a lot with the weed growth.

Hey Doug your group can get into your cabin on Friday or early Saturday if you want. Give us a call at 800-363-3379.

See everyone soon, It is going to be a great opener.

Paul Trinkner
    Muskie Bay Resort
    800-363-3379
    Last edited by Paul Trinkner; 06-17-2008 at 09:38 AM.
    Muskie Bay Resort
    Paul & Chris Trinkner
    Web Site: http://www.muskiebayresort.com

Default Muskie Opener

Researched has been done, the tackle box has been upgraded, and the Muskie Gods have been prayed to. All we need now is Saturday morning.
    Oh a sacrafic has also been made to the Gods in the form of Kokanee that filled my veins last weekend

Default Labbats

Had me a two-four of Labbatts as a spring training exercise for the lunge opener coming up. Expect to grab nother two-four at the border on da way up.

Will be sharpening hooks this evening, I think if you snuck behind me and tapped me on the shoulder, I'd jerk both hands cause you know all I have been thinking about is crossing some eyes when old Grandma strikes my bucktail. I'd better get off the PC and back to packing. See ya all soon enough.

Mike P

Bunch of drunks on this websight. By the way I plan on doing a Captain Morgan pose with a 50" muskie this weekend. Something pumped up man! I got a bone to pick with a fish that shook my lure last year.

Paul if the old man hasn't called yet we will be rolling into camp around 9-10ish Friday night for a good nights sleep for once. Thanks for letting us know that will work out great, I don't think I could have tried sleeping another night at the Crow Lake boat ramp with the mosquitoes and someone cutting logs in my ear.

See ya soon!

Talking

Line Burn are you talking about crossing eyes like you did on the 49"er you caught a few years back? I'm told it looked like someone setting a hook with a ultra light bluegill fishing. Your on a terribly good, good luck streak. 1- 49" in 3 consecutive years, you suck!

Vidalias are packed.

Default Onions R good!

Blind luck is all I can say on the streak, last half of the last day of the trip it happend last year. Just being on the water when everything else would say not too is probably a contributing factor to last years fish. The rest are all skill

Can we stop at Fleeton the way up if nowhere else works? Needing probes from my voltmeter.

T minus 48hrs!

Talking

Were stopping somewhere, I need a tandem mepps and abu oil yet.

I'll give you some credit on the skill chart for the 49" you caught on your bass rod with 8lb test no leader. How long was that battle again 25mins?

However last years 49" sight casting a jig and not seeing the pick up only to look at the fish and see the lure in its mouth and then setting the hook. Come on! Were you letting him chew on it for awhile, like a catfish would on a crawler?

No it was more like a catfish picking up stink bait. Wish work was done, I'm not getting squat accomplished this afternoon! Need to bag up some clothes and rain gear and such, put all in the truck, hitch to boat and go. I see Hwy21 is still closed, guess it is 63 or bust to get to Wloo.

Later

Default You guys are killing me

What is going on? How's the bite been (Muskies)? I'm leaving Las Vegas in less than two weeks and I am dying to know how the opener was. Do you guys have any photos, any stories, anything.

I absolutely cannot wait to get up there this year, but I'm anxious for information. Any information.

I wish I was leaving tomorrow.