Wow!!! It has been a while since I have had the time to sit in front of the computer to write up a post during the last few weeks. Fishing has been good throughout Vilas and Oneida counties with fishing being the best in the mornings and evenings. I have even done a few nights fishing trip (8pm-12am) which can be very exciting. Walleyes for the most parts have been hitting live bait with night crawlers being the best bait on and off the chains. I have caught fish in the weeds and out on the rocks. The rock bite has been the most consistent with fish being caught daily. Depending on the body of water rocks as shallow as 8 fow have been good down to 35 fow depending on the lake. Jigs with a half of crawler have been the best followed by leeches and not even taking minnows for walleyes at this time but a few for the crappies. I have also been drifting with lindy rigs in the evening and after dark with lighted slip bobbers which has also do the trick most days. The fishing should only pick from here on out. Good luck and tight lines.