www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Thunderhead blade

Default Thunderhead blade

Hi Gang,

Maybe someone there can help me out.

During July's "Wild-Group" outing I had a 38 incher who thought he was a 90 incher hammer my "Slammer Thunderhead" topwater bait.

(Yes even with Tyler in the boat with his "Smoke on the Water" Double 10, I did manage to catch and boat this fish. How could you have doubted me earlier in this note!)

About an hour later, I was tossing same bait east of twin island and by golly the blade on the head of my Thunderhead departed from same bait. Now the Thunderhead is simply called "Head". Truly lost it's Thunder part of it all.

The blade seems larger than others I've seen. I'm looking for a replacement blade that I can put on there. Slammer was sold to another owner who tells me they no longer make the remarkable Thunderhead and that part was sold to somebody else who never went anywhere with it.

Does anybody know:
    1) Where Slammer got it's blade from
    2) Where I might order a replacement? I see some tackle shops offer that blade style but not sure if they are quite big enough. If you know of any supply houses that carry these style blades I'd appreciate knowing.

Can you help?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Bruce

I think you could bend the blade of a black Ace S Bait to fit.

I'd love to see the Pearson made Thunderhead prop whipped up from an Ace blade. Any chance you could make one up for Bruce and show us some before and after pics so we could see the master technique? Maybe a step-by-step process? Maybe get Matt to shoot some video to hear the audible improvements of your design? Should be able to hear the rumble all across the angle.

Ryan

Yoop,
    I can actually help out here. I am good friends with the originator of the original Thunderhead and have a few of his leftover blades! Send me an e-mail or message on how to get one over to you.

Make sure you add epoxy, or a waterproof glue to the slot. Use a brass screw eye in the little hole in the blade and it should stick for a long time. Awesome lures, I can't imagine why they ever stopped making them.

Rocko

Default Rocko!

Hi Rocko!

thanks a bunch, I was hoping somebody would know who it was.

I just sent you a message with my contact info.

Talk to you then!

YOOOP
    Bruce

Default Thuderhead rework complete

I got the rework project on my Slammer Thunderhead completed, I don't think the blade is ever coming out of there. I drilled and pinned it in 3 places with short pieces of .051 musky bait wire and epoxied the tar out of it. A little sanding and repainting, and it runs great.

While my bride and I were at the World Musky Hunt August 28th timeframe, she started rifling through her baits. What did she pull out of there? A brand new, never used, Black Slammer Thunderhead. I never knew she had it, or I'd have acquired it (thoughtfully of course) a long time ago!

Fished the fall "Last Frontier" Musky tournament last weekend with some buddies from Eau Claire. What a bunch of duds we were. My buddy in the back of the boat got a 31" and a teeny 17 incher. The heart transplant recipient fishing in the center of the boat had quite a time since he had not been fishing in 3 years after all he went through getting that new ticker! Judging from the rash of harrassment he was giving me all weekend I truly believe there is nothing wrong with HIM no there surely is not!

I never saw a fish all weekend but at least it was cold wet and windy and my back was hurting most of the time.

And the chicks still dig my Verado.

YOOOP

Thats the attitude Yoop!Your mantra of the 'chicks still love my Verado' is certainly preferable to my buddies who claims every morning he stands naked in front of the mirror-pot belly and all-and repeats five times,'the chicks still love me,the chicks still love me'.
    Good fishing!

Default Good luck Yoop

Yoop,
    Sounds like you did a good job! Hope it works out and you pop a biggin. Glad I could help.

Rocko