www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Amateur Fishing Report

Default Amateur Fishing Report

Musky fishing has picked up for me lately on mid size lakes in the Stone Lake/Hayward area. Have not been on the Chip at all, and haven't really been on the big lakes like Grindstone, but might have to head there with the warm water.

In 8 days, in which I managed to get out for at least a few hours (often after work) on 6 different occasions, I caught 6 fish. They measured 35, 38, 39, 40, 41, and 42 inches.

All fish have been caught on 11" Curly Sues, Mag Dawgs, and especially a Hardhead. I've been fishing no shallower than casting to the very deepest edges of weeds in approx. 10 feet of water. Boat has not been in less than 22 feet of water where I have caught fish.

The temps on these mid size lakes were in the 76-77 degree range last weekend. Hope this report helps!

Tucker Jacobson

Last edited by curleytail; 08-10-2010 at 08:45 PM. Reason: added pictures

Thumbs up

Nice report, Tucker! I'm fishing that area for a few days, and I'm going to fish more deeply after reading your report. I'll leave those hammer handles in the shallow weeds alone.

I also will be chucking "Rusty" HardHead awhile, I like to put the weight in the belly, giving it a great wobble on the fall. Only up for a few days, I sure hope I catch a couple nice ones!!

Keep up the good run and soon you'll need to remove the "amateur" from the title of your post!

Ha! Thanks Mike. Maybe I'm not necessarily an amateur, but I'm certainly not a pro or a guide. Nobody has paid me to take them fishing yet anyway.

I have been running my Hardhead with the tail down and the heaviest weights my JoMusky kit came with in both insert locations on the belly. Have it weighted heavy so I can fish it fairly agressively and still keep it down. Yep, that slight wobble on the pull and pause is great on those baits.

Tucker