www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Boy Bay or...?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bagman, thanks for the link, I took alook and it is Nelson Lake I was reffering to. Its a great place to go if you are looking to get away from the crouds. Infact Ive never seen another boat there while I was fishing. Im no bass fisherman by any stretch but I can never seem to keep them off my line at this lake. You may look into Garfield lake at Laporte also. the entire south end is 3-5 ft and its all lilly pads. If you google Earth it you will see what I mean. My father spends alot of time out there at early morning with Hula poppers and other top water plugs and has a blast, Ive seen him pull in a couple over the years in the 7-8 lb range. Hes no bass fisherman either so im sure if you try either of the places and your an avid bass guy you will do great.
    I have also seen others bring in wall hanger bass from leech but I would have no idea where to point you there.

good luck.

Thanks IA (and everyone else) for your input and shared info. Kinda unsure if I will drag the boat up there this trip...as we are looking at a serious cold front this weekend. If not this weekend...I will certainly be trying it at some point in the near future.