www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Boy Bay or...?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

By now the perch have gone into the reeds and the big guys always follow. Now last year that didn't happen until after mid August. If you have something like a boogerman or weedless plastic toss that in during lower light and you ought to get hit by something. Do that fig 8 as the muskies here will follow right up to the boat from the reeds. I find that if you have rocks and reeds together that's an unbeatable combo.
    djwilliams
    Ames, Iowa

Bagman, thanks for the link, I took alook and it is Nelson Lake I was reffering to. Its a great place to go if you are looking to get away from the crouds. Infact Ive never seen another boat there while I was fishing. Im no bass fisherman by any stretch but I can never seem to keep them off my line at this lake. You may look into Garfield lake at Laporte also. the entire south end is 3-5 ft and its all lilly pads. If you google Earth it you will see what I mean. My father spends alot of time out there at early morning with Hula poppers and other top water plugs and has a blast, Ive seen him pull in a couple over the years in the 7-8 lb range. Hes no bass fisherman either so im sure if you try either of the places and your an avid bass guy you will do great.
    I have also seen others bring in wall hanger bass from leech but I would have no idea where to point you there.

good luck.

Thanks IA (and everyone else) for your input and shared info. Kinda unsure if I will drag the boat up there this trip...as we are looking at a serious cold front this weekend. If not this weekend...I will certainly be trying it at some point in the near future.