www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishtrap lake

Default Fishtrap lake

I had chatted with a gentleman about a year ago going back to two years ago about fishing and a place to stay on fishtrap lake. I can not recall his name and all the messages we had sent back and forth are gone. He stayed at Fishtrap resort and went up at least a couple times a year and also stayed and fished someplace in Eagle River. He lived in the Chicago area someplace.

I would like to talk to him again.

Gerry

It was not me but I can recommend kerekman's Fishtrap Resort. http://www.fishtrapresort.com/

Good people and you will enjoy your stay.

Wittig's Resort near the outlet of the Mannie River...

Mark

Thanks guys, I did stay at Fishtrap when I took my son up for a few days in July.

I am also looking for some info on the culvert between Fishtrap and Rush lake. I didn't think to measure it when I was up there but I need to know the size of the culvert. I am looking at buying a boat and it is wide and in the 90 inch range at the rear.

The Gentlemen I spoke to had said the spots I mentioned to him for fishing were still good spots after all these years and he even gave me some gps coordinates, but I lost everything when my computer crashed.

We got an 1850 crestliner through there. Should not be a problem. Do trim up your motor, depending on the water levels, I am sure they are up though.

Thanks Tod, If I looked up the correct boat your boat has a beam of 95.5". Was there much room going through the culvert or is it one of those you are ready to close your eyes and hope you don't hear that scratching?

How does that boat ride in calmer water and rougher water? I had an Champion bass boat that road wonderfully on smooth water and handled rougher water pretty good. I also had a cabin cruiser that was terrible in anything but glass smooth water. My father has a starcraft that handles terrible and has a rough ride in anything more than a small wave say more than 6 inches. I was looking at a used Alumacraft the six of your boat and also a new Alumacraft and Mirrocraft but haven't had a chance to look at Crestliner yet.

I will never buy another boat without first taking it on a test spin in smooth water a small chop and rough water.

I have a lot to learn about boats since I haven't purchased one since 89 and haven't owned one for ten years and didn't use one much for the past 15.

Thanks

Gerry

We had no issues going through the culvert. I have been through it in a deep v ranger as well. The crestliner runs well in rough water and as a matter of fact, they used crestliner hulls to make the aluminum ranger boats.

The alumacraft navigator boats are very nice boats, I was going to pull the trigger on a 175 untill I found a can't pass up deal on a crestliner 1750. My dad had an 1850 and this one isn't that much smaller. I am not a fan of mirrocrafts, never liked their layouts or narrower bottoms. Look at the transons of the different brand boats. Crestliners, lunds, alumacrafts and princecrafts make the widest bottoms.

Mark, thanks for the info. My family used to go up and stay on fishtrap for years at Shelterbay because they were friends with the owners. That place has sold a couple times since my family started coming up.

My son and I went up this past July and took a quick look at Wittigs and it appeared real nice.
    Gerry

Thanks Todd, I like the Alumicraft boats, but the layout and a few options on the Crestliner really stand out. I have spoken to salesman for each boat and have told them I most likely won't be purchasing until after Jan 1 but that I also will not buy a boat until I am able to take it for a ride on the water. They both said that is not a problem so I will most likely take them up on the offer this fall.

Gerry