www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: fishing trip webster lake HELP!!!

Default fishing trip webster lake HELP!!!

My grandfather and I are going on a fishing trip up on webster lake this coming week and we dont know what is biting and what isn't. i would really like to get him a musky this trip but as long as we can catch enough fish for a dinner ill be happy please any thing will help

Smile

I'm glad your making a trip Webby, the water temps are too warm to fish muskies, most of us are waiting for cooler temps low to mid 70's. The bass and bluegills are not doing too bad, you might do some good early and evening for crappie, too. Delayed mortality after releasing muskies in these temps is a big concern too alot of muskie fishermen and our fisheries biologist's at these temps. But you can get a good lay of the land for another trip this fall for muskies. There are some darn nice largemouth in there give them a try, and some nice crappie too! Good Luck!

Buddy Ellenburg

Take a kid fishing they'll have a lifetime of memories!!

Smile Thanks

thank you for the help we are very excited for the trip this is our first trip to webster. The last couple years we went to the barbee chain around the the begining of june and struck out with musky. we have never been on a trip this late in the year before so we didnt know what was going on. Thanks again for the advice it is really going to be helpful

I forgot to tell you if you fish for some Largemouths try senkos, and frogs in the thick weed tops. Those are some favorites of a friend who owns a bait shop in Marion, who fishes Webster alot for bass. Another option for you there is supposed to be some decent Pike fishing up on Wawasee, that might be another option for you, plus there is also good bass fishing for smallies and Largies. This coming weeks temps still look bad, so I wish you the best!

If you can you should call Mike and try to get a trip for this fall it would be money well spent, I did in May of '09 and it was well worth it!

Buddy Ellenburg

Take a kid fishing they'll have a lifetime of memories!!