www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Aug 5 2010

Default Aug 5 2010

Where has the summer gone!
    Fishing has been very good this yr with the stable weather and warm temperatures. Lets start with the hot fishing of steelhead in Lake Erie. Steelie fishing from Wheatley to Erieau has been on fire with good numbers and some biggies being caught too. The biggest coming to my boat this yr was one over 15lbs and boy was there some action during this fight. Fight off it hit the downrigger and was immediately airborn at the passenger side seat!! Riggers down 25-40 have been doing well with orange spoons with copper backs have been my most consistent bait. I have also been doing alot of fishing with Torpedo Divers http://www.torpedodivers.com/index. These new diving weights have been working very well in conjunction with Off Shore 0R 12 inline planer boards. They come with a dive chart and the website gives plenty of instruction on how to use them.
    Walleye fishing has been good with limit catches out of the ports of Colchester, Leamington and Wheatley. Most are trolling crawler harnesses for the best results. For me I have been doing well on the Northland Holo perch.
    There is a decent bite for walleyes on Lake St. Clair in the western end (Pike Cr) area pulling bottom bouncers and harnesses to. Another good spot has been the weather bouy in the middle of the lake. While trolling in Lake St. Clair there is always a chance of catching a musky too. A few wks back while I was trolling for walleyes I had a musky hit my Off Shore OR 12 board.. wow!
    Musky fishing has been very good as well with lots of smaller fish keeping anglers busy. There have been some big gurls caught as well. The hot bite has been guys trolling with big bucktail spinners and the guys who troll body baits have been doing the damage too.
    For the bass angler many of the smallie fishermen have moved a few miles off shore fishing deep water structure, rock and weeds in 14-18 fow. Drop shotting and tubes always seem to catch there share of fish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Erieau avatar.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	11004  
    Chartertalk Guide Service
    Bob Devine

Web Site: http://www.chartertalk.com/

Thanks to:
    Off Shore Tackle, St Croix Rods, Pure Water Brand, Northland Tackle, Okuma Fishing, Torpedo Fishing Products