www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Hello Chris

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hello Chris

Chris,
    Just had a chance to get back on the computer after some hectic work. I was reading your post about Ford River, and you nailed it. Its not about how many you can catch its about the fun you have while on the water. I read the reports everyday for the year I was deployed. I not only read this one, but also Saginaw Bay, The Sall-Mars, Walleye First, and Walleye Central. When the days where rough, and I assure there where many the postings by you and all of the other fisherman gave me a chance to separate myself from all of the stuff that was going on even if it was just for a few moments of time. The family and I had a great time while we where up. The walleyes didnt cooperate very well but the small mouths in the big bay did. I have so many pictures that I can look at for many years to come. My son Jackson asks me everyday when are we going back. It maybe another year before we can get back again, but each and everyone that reads this post needs to understand that you live and fish in an area that many others can only dream about. I hate to see and read about people that call themselves sportsman fight over simple stuff like how many fish are kept or giving out to much information about certain fishing spots. Everyone needs to realize that there are bigger things in life to worry about. For example my sister battalion here at FT Bragg lost 10 heros in the last 2 weeks to IEDs in Afganistain. So like my 1st platoon sergeant told me many years ago "Keep it simple Sapper". Thanks for all you do, and I look forward to reading your post for many years to come.

1SG Steven Tetreault
    738th ESC
    FT Bragg, NC

Steven, Thank You for serving.

We all are indebted to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashman View Post
    Steven, Thank You for serving.

We all are indebted to you.
    x2, well said
    Gary
    "SeeSwell"

Thumbs up Perspective

Members, we should read this post every day and put our lives in perspective. Thanks so much for serving, and helping us keep our heads on straight too!
    M Prokopowicz

I've never believed that big-lake sport fishing is a danger to the resource...there are other thing that are a danger to sport fishing, yes, but I don't see any statistical reason for us to be overly anal about what the average Joe does or doesn't do vis-a-vis catch-and-release on the big water.

Besides, if God wanted us to throw back walleyes, he wouldn't have made them taste so good

Default Steven

Thank-you for taken the fight to them. I do not like to have to send men and women to war but it is required some times to do so. That being said I always say "If we have to fight them lets make sure we do it over there and not here" What would we do if IED and the such were going off here every day? Thanks again and Shoot Straight "Don't spare the ammo" we'll make more.

Thank you for serving our country!

First off... Mr. Tetreault, thank you and your family for doing what you do.

Second... Squeezebox, you nailed it.

Third... Funny how Steven wakes up every day and reads the posts while he's fighting for his country only to see us fight over whether our freedom of speech should include disclosing fishing locations. He fights so we can fight... stark irony there, boys.

Fourth... I'm very jealous. Between work, preparing for exams next week, a family reunion this weekend, and my sister's wedding the weekend after, the only fishing I've been doing is for the last pickle in the Vlasic jar. Go get 'em, boys, and keep posting so I've got something to keep me sane between my weird relatives and the real-life episode of Bridezilla.

Take care and tight lines!
    -Mike

Default Thank You , Thank You, Thank You!!!

Steven,
    I can only hope most of us realize just how lucky we are to have what we have because of people like you and all the other men and women serving for us.
    We are forever indebted to you!!!
    Indeed if you are ever up this way in the winter , please feel free to call upon me for an Ice fishing trip on LBDN for you and your son or family . It would be my pleasure to take you and show you a good time on our little piece of heaven here in the U.P. Thank You again to you and your Family!!!
    Dale

Thumbs up

Puts it all in perspective dont it!

Thanks "Top" to you and your family for all you do!!! And to all who serve and to those who have given all.. and their families....
    Thank You!!!!
    OK... 10 More Minutes

Default To You Sir

As an American and as a fisherman, I stand and salute you Mr. Steven Tetreault. Thank you and your family for the sacrifice you all have made.
    Bless you and your family!

p.s.
    Welcome home!

Default Thank You and your family......

You made all the fishing argument's ever posted here seem really trivial. Every day you risk your life for our freedom and we appreciate it more than we can ever express. May God bless and protect you on your journey's and make every day for you a slow relaxing troll on the pond..
    Thanks again ,
    Greg

Stay safe Steven. This board is honored to have you a part of it.