www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: new to crow

Default new to crow

heading up next fri for the first time, I'm pretty confident fishing deep clear cisco/trout water, just hopeing to find out a couple of the lakes idiosyncracies, baits, colors, size of baits, kinds of locations for this time of year Ect. Any help is much appreciated, I'm assuming dark and low lite is the best time to fish this gin water? Does anyone fish open water up there or are the fish mostly structure oriented? Thanx again for any tips r pointers.

Default At Your Service

I haven't made it up there for a couple of years, but your suspicions are correct for the most part.

Low light conditions have always worked best for me for actually putting them in the boat, but you can get a ton of follows even in the middle of the day at times.

I know several swear by trolling, but I prefer to cast and I usually do so over the drops off rock reefs. I have had success with both Bucktails and Top Waters in low light conditions. I know some will laugh, but I have also done fairly well with a lure called the Pig.

Good Luck!

thank u, the pig is a jointed wood bait with a shallow lip right? Made by bob m.?