Oops, here's the response to Jim's second question:

I am absolutely kicking butt with this thing at night. The Shadzilla shakes and kicks hard enough for the fish to easily find this thing at night, and it seems to hit their lateral line in a way that says, "easy meal right here, eat me," or something like that. Too many musky fishermen these days have the individual thinking skills of a lemming; if you're throwing anything other than a double-10 or a Supermodel, you're throwing something the fish haven't seen after dark in years. I'm not kidding. Think about it.

I can add a couple pointers about working this thing in the dark. First, it is hard to "feel" when it's getting close to the boat, especially compared to big blades. To help clients know where the bait is at, I put a glow-in-the-dark walleye lindy rig float (the things that look like a pill) on the line immediately above the leader. To keep in in place I peg it firmly with a toothpick and cut the excess toothpick with a Knipex. The little floaty thing needs to be recharged every 10 min. or so, so I give everyone in the boat a small flashlight. To recharge, place the floaty thing in your palm and cover it tightly with the flashlight. In this way, the thing can be charged without ruining your night vision, or the vision of others in the boat, and you don't have to screw around with holding your line up to your headlamp. A small Mag-Light kept in your pocket works great and it's always handy. I even use this setup with the Shadzilla at night, and I've been able to use "The Force" unassisted for years and years. Secondly, don't worry about going super slow. We've become so accustomed to slow rolling the big blades after dark, at least on Mille Lacs (Vermilion too), that everyone thinks a bait has to be fished ultra-slowly to catch fish after dark. That is sooooo wrong. I know guys who are trolling all the way up to 5 mph after dark and catching muskies. If muskies could only eat slow food after dark, they'd all be pretty skinny.

Good luck