www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Beginning of August Fishing Report 8/2/2010

Default Beginning of August Fishing Report 8/2/2010

Well Here we are already at the beginning of August. Boy does it seem like the summer is going fast. Fishing has still been good for the guides. We have been fishing from Crow Creek to the Dam and from Iron Nation to the Big Bend Dam. The guides are catching from 25-50 fish per day. Your numbers depend on if you catch the real good morning bite. Crawlers have been the best bait in 10 - 20 feet of water on Francis Case and 6-20 feet of water on Sharpe.

ON Monday and Tuesday I took out a group from Grand Island, NE. We had 2 outstanding stringers of walleyes with most of our fish in the 17-19 inch range. We caught between 85 and 90 fish in the 2 days. Also we were in the middle of nowhere, seen less than 10 boats on both days.

On Wed and Thursday I had a group out from Atlantic, IA. On day 1 was a little tougher. That can happen when you are chasing nicer walleyes. It took us all day, but we brought in our limit (20). Caught around 30 fish. On Thursday we made a big change of venue. Our boat was full by 9:00 a.m. Outstanding morning with a very nicer stringer of walleyes (20).

On Friday I had a group out from Salem, SD. I missed the morning bite. Started at the wrong place. It took us a while but we had our limit of nice fish (12) by 12:15. Once we found the fish the action was real good. Overall we caught around 25 fish. Nice walleyes 16-19 inches.

On Sat I had a group out from Presho, SD and New Zealand. Again I was a little slow in the morning, but still had my limit caught (16) by 11:30 a.m. Again nice fish, all from 15-19 inches. Some of the other boats were full at 9:00 a.m.

On Sat evening I took a group from Kamiah, ID. They wanted to tkae a peek at what our walleye fishing was all about, and get the chance to eat fresh Missouri River Walleyes. We had our limit (8) in 30 minutes. Excellent action for an eveing bite.

On Sunday I took out a family from MagnaKeda, IA. (Eastern Iowa) Another excellent day with very nice fish. We had to work at it a little. Had our limit caught by 12:30 p.m. Good thing Logan was catching fish today. He brags that he caught over half the fish. We will see if he can do it again today.

Look forward to seeing you
    Mike Allen

Our goal is to give you an honest report about our walleye fishing. Not fabricate it. Some places will only tell you when the fishing is excellent, but will not tell the whole story when it is a little tougher. We want to make sure that you can trust our site and trust our service. We take pride in our reputation. A little tougher bite for us still will produce limits most of the time. However once in a while one of the guides will struggle a little. Our service had its first none fill day on Sunday since July 1st.
    Mike Allen
    Allen's Hillside South Dakota Fishing & Hunting Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.allenshillside.com

Just to give an update on our fishing from Monday through today. ( I will write my blog next week). On Monday my boat caught 25, Tuesday 40, Wed day off, Thursday 60. The Wed guide boats averaged 50-70 fish. Seems to be getting better. Sharpe and Francis Case. Fished Francis Case on Mon-Tues and Sharpe today (Thursday). Most boats at the motel did good today. One boat was 2 fish short. All fish from 15-19 inches.

Mike Allen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Week of Aug1, 2010.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	202.7 KB 
ID:	11063   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	week of Aug 1, 2010 II.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	201.7 KB 
ID:	11064   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Week of Aug 1, 2010 III.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	11065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Week of Aug 1, 2010 IV.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	11066  
    Last edited by Mike Allen; 08-09-2010 at 08:21 PM.
    Mike Allen
    Allen's Hillside South Dakota Fishing & Hunting Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.allenshillside.com