www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Musky Report 08/01/2010

Default Musky Report 08/01/2010

Musky fishing is a lot like football, a game of inches! I missed two mid to upper forties inch fish last night on surface baits!!! One of them ICBM'ed right out of the water on my Pacemaker, missed the bait, and cartwheeled back in with a belly flop! It looked like one of those sharks chasing a seal on the Discovery Channel!! My neighbor Jason and I looked at each other and just said "Wow!"

Jason and I hit the lake hard yesterday, and we raised a dozen different fish, including one dandy forty-eight incher that charged me twice out of the reeds twice on a Boogerman buzzer! She had her back and head out of the water like an alligator on the second follow, but for some reason, quit the chase before striking. I trolled spinnerbaits over the cabbage beds during mid-day and we caught a small thirty-two incher. The fish I described above missing the Pacemaker followed me right to the boat an hour earlier on a Super Stalker. I threw in a waypoint, and we came back on her at last light, and she simply missed the lure with her violent strike. We then raised three different muskies on that same spot in a period of fifteen minutes but we couldn't score. I did bust a huge largemouth in the reeds that pounded my Boogerman buzzbait.

Gotta love this sport!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tom-buzzbait-bass-web.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	10904  
    Tom Dietz Outdoors
    Web Site: http://www.tomdietz.com

glad to see your getting fish.
    it has been hot here in ohio.
    all thumbs has been bragging about his canada trip?
    big deal i will do better when i come to your neck of the woods.
    they closed grand lake st. marys. you got to be loveing it up their.
    hope to talk to you soon .