www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fall Trips?

Default Fall Trips?

Summer is flying by. A lot of nice fish are being caught which gets everyone into a good fishing/ planning mood. Let's hear what everyone has planned for fall trips this year? I plan on hitting North Twin in November as usual with the normal cast of characters and we are planning on trying for a couple quick trips to Vermilion in October and/or November. What else is happenbing out there?
    Good luck to all!

Jeff

Well, it is not fall yet but this weekend I am heading up to Vilas County. End of September, Stu and I will be at the Deer Lake outing. At the end of October, I will be fishing the Tomahawk area. And if the cash is still available, I want to hit North Twin in November. Other than that, all the local ponds in between these trips. It is go time !!!!

Steve Ruhmann

Deer Lk next weekend. Anyone else going north?

Change in plans...Vilas Cty in stead of Deer. I'm thinking we might need to lake hop to fins active water and Vilas has more options. I think we'll start on or around N Twin and go to smaller water if lakes that size are still suffering from turn over. Maybe Pioneer, Alaquash, Arrowhead, Upper Gresham and the like. NAyone else going?

Jeff

Smile Leave Thurs. for Bay Store

Duane and I are taking our normal trip till the end of the Mo. Just checked forecast looks like 40's and rain Sun. - Tues. 60%, maybe the big ones will be around.

Default Deer Lake update

I think I'll head east. Deer has been showing some nice fish lately. Was out there yesterday and had a GIANT try to eat my Reef Hawg. Lost about a 40 on the jig and raise another on the jig and 3 others on Dbl. 10. Was'nt bad for 3 1/2 hours of fishing but nothing in the boat. A week ago I was out there with Justin and my grandson and the lake was going through a turn over. 2/3 rds. of the lake was pea soup. Saw 7 fish in the clean water but only one that followed a dbl. 10. Thursday the lake was pretty soupy in some spots. Managed to get one on the jig after it followed my reef hawg. Water temps yesterday were 58.5 and alot of weeds dieing off. Should be much better next week with lower temps at night. Forest lake was real green on Thursday, so that will be an option to for next week. Last time out there, I had one over 50 come following. That same week someone caught a 54 1/2 in the same area.Trying to get Justin caught up with work so we can go out during the week.
    Jerry O.

Default Sunday trip

Well now that my dad knows of the surprise, I will be flying home in two weeks on Saturday so that we can hit the lake on Sunday. Can't go too far because I have to be back in the south on Monday but I think we are hitting up Twin Valley for the day. Would have liked to make a weekend out of it and get a little further north but when your nearest muskie lake is about 8 hours away you take what you can get. Hopefully we will have more to post after the trip. Caught a 46" there last year during Thanksgiving weekend. Would love a repeat.