www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lake wisconsin poynette/lodi fishing questions????

Question Lake wisconsin poynette/lodi fishing questions????

New guy here and wanted to check in and say hi! I started another thread here. http://www.outdoors911.com/reports/s...ad.php?t=17946 However it looks like the madison area is much closer to the lake I plan on fishing. As a kid I fished the main lake of Lake Wisconsin. My folks had a place in Harmony grove and also a place inside of Whalen's grade(camp ground) years ago. I found this site by doing a search looking for a place to stay.

Getting ready to head up to the lake the second week of August and take my 13 year old son with me. I want to show my son a place I grew up fishing and hopefully relive some memories with my son Jacob. How has fishing been and how high is the water? I know that some decent storms have been traveling through the area and I'm curious as to what to expect.

My father moved down to Arkansas a few years back and bought a new boat and I bought his old one off of him. 18' lund mr pike fisherman. I have a 90 horse Johnson to run with, a 9.9 to troll with and an electric troller mounted up front. This boat has been in the family for well over 20 years. I'm going to be running light on tackle because I am basically starting over getting back into the sport with my son.

I have a few polls for basic walleye and crappie fishing. I also have a couple musky poles and a bunch of lures to fish musky and pike. However outside of that I will be picking up some stuff this week before we head up next week.

I was planning on doing some walleye fishing. I was curious on what baits for walleyes would be good for this time of the year? Years ago when I fished this lake with my dad we used fat rapps or shad rapps when trolling. I would think these would still be good baits but what else would be good to use? I would like to pick up some stuff before we head up.

I have a bunch of lures for musky and pike. I was thinking about getting some jigs and what not if we decide to do some drift fishing or some crappie, pearch or gill fishing. Any other advise would be great. I have not been up here since my son was born so I'm really stoked to get up and have some fun. Thank you for your time in advance! Vince

2. Default

Hello Vince,

I have done well the end of august and september trolling Fireline three-ways and leadcore Line on the river edges with #5 and #7 Standard and Jointed Shadraps in Chartruse/White, Blue/White,and Perch have been good for me. Also drifting/casting jigs/4" Gulp Minnows around and under piers like those in Moon Valley and around the Railroad Bridge. The water may be just a bit to warm to catch alot of walleyes at this time? I think alot of them are upriver living in the deeper faster water.
    Good Luck Always Try To Make It Have Fun.
    Fishing Thrills Guide Service
    Scott Hill

Web Site: http://www.fishingthrills.com