www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Monona Info 07/16/10

Default Monona Info 07/16/10

Was out Friday morning checking out some objects I'd found with the side scan but haven't had time to dive on yet. In one spot dropped the camera down and there were bluegills, crappies, white bass and a walleye (made a recording of them, but haven't had time to look it over yet). Dropped an ice fishing jig and redworm down and caught an 8" gill immediately, missed a couple, then caught a 7" gill to check their size range. Released both and continued onto the next spot. Wind came up, blowing too hard to control the boat and see anything with the crappy clarity. Rick

Default Diving....

Quote Originally Posted by rk_diver View Post
    Was out Friday morning checking out some objects I'd found with the side scan but haven't had time to dive on yet. In one spot dropped the camera down and there were bluegills, crappies, white bass and a walleye (made a recording of them, but haven't had time to look it over yet). Dropped an ice fishing jig and redworm down and caught an 8" gill immediately, missed a couple, then caught a 7" gill to check their size range. Released both and continued onto the next spot. Wind came up, blowing too hard to control the boat and see anything with the crappy clarity. Rick
    If you're looking for a way to keep track of what you find when you fish/dive, you might want to check out www.fishnbudz.com - they have a cool feature that lets you bring up a map of your favorite lake and plot points of interest interactively on the map - and, it's completely free!

Jim

Default mapping

Thanks Jim for the link! I've got a few mapping programs that I own for keeping track of everything, but this looks like a cool site where I could add some spots and others could look at them online. thanks for the tip, Rick