Tyler and I got our 8 day conservation license at the Shell station with Shep/Landy July 17th, and I think we paid 30 bucks.

It's a handy place to get it of course.

You can get RABC permits at the Rainy lake customs station there by Baudette, which we did. If you go about 1 mile into Ontario past the Rainy River station there's a gas station on the right which also sells licenses.

Only minor inconvenience is US customs will ask you to let them peer under you boat cover as you cross back in, and it goes quick. We've done that before too. If Tyler continues to outfish me, next time I am leaving him there.

This trip, while at the Sprague Shell station I asked the attendant at the counter if they had an 8-day "Conversation" license in addition to the Conservation license. He looked at me breifly with a slight glare then said "What is a Conversation license"?

I responded, "The 8-day Conversation license allows one to arrive at the dock at the end of each day and while holding conversation you are allowed to stretch all fishing stories into tales including fish of fictitious, rather enourmous, proportions. good for 8-days!!" I said.

He set his pen down and looked at me with a smirk, right over the top of his glasses.

"You're on your own there...." he said.

Tyler was embarrassed, but oh how proud I was, I came up with that all by myself.

YOOOP