www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report for July 28

Default Fishing Report for July 28

Got back from alaska on sunday night, everything went as planned. Jess and I went out halibut fishing one day, I did not catch one, but jess got one about 35 pounds, and she brought it up from 400 feet of water!! it was crazy! Then I went out salmon fishing another day, and between 6 of us on the boat, we got 43 salmon in the boat in about 3 hours, they were mostly pink salmon, along with some silver (coho) salmon, and chum salmon. It was a blast!

Monday, guided for a couple of hours on the Chip for LM Bass, we got a few mostly on spinnerbaits, the scum frog bite just wasn't happening, so that sucked.

Tuesday, guided all day on the Chip for Largemouth, we got a pile of bass, mostly on swim jigs, spinnerbaits, and buzz baits, but not much size to them, the biggest was only about 2 pounds, which is unusual, usually we get a better average size.

Today, guided in the morning on LCO trolling for walleye, we trolled a shallow flat in 10-15 feet of water, and got a few bass and three walleye from 16-21 inches all on reef runner ripsticks.

Good Luck,
    Tanner Wildes
    Captain Tanner Wildes Guide Service
    Tanner Wildes
    Web Site: http://www.tannerwildes.com

Question Welcome Back!

Welcome back Tanner! Looks like you got right back to work. Wondering if the storm that pretty much flattened the TFF last nite did any serious damage there in Hayward? Best Fishes...Nick

Welcome back Capt. T.
    Sounds like a great trip.
    My daughter and her husband are heading north to Alaska at the end of this month for their honeymoon.
    What kind of lake temps did you have on LCO?

Welcome Home, sounds like the trip was of some success!!!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Kanauz View Post
    Welcome back Tanner! Looks like you got right back to work. Wondering if the storm that pretty much flattened the TFF last nite did any serious damage there in Hayward? Best Fishes...Nick
    I was staying on LLL this past week. 2.5" of rain fell in less than 2 hours. It was a crazy sky but there was no damage to anything I saw.

Fishing wasn't so great the day after though...

Default Lll

Dale...Thanks for the info...the TFF is only 45 minutes east, so you just missed the worst of it. Sorry the weather pushed the fishing down. Will be back on LLL for two weeks in September. When we left in late June the water was just below the docks at Empire...has it gone down any??? Been fishing LLL all my life, my grandkids are the 5th generation of my family to be vacationing there. Hope you can get back up. Best Fishes...Nick