www.lakegenevacannery.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sounds like major damage...

Default Sounds like major damage...

Just out - Springstead, Fishermans and Murrays closed until further notice, visitors advised to stay away to avoid interfering with rescue and cleanup crews.

http://www.fdlreporter.com/article/2...-thunderstorms

sonofa.....*beeeeeeeep*

Shoot me a text if you hear otherwise... in the meantime I'm figuring out a plan B.

Exclamation Lots of Damage

We have a place on Lake Bastine, over by Donners Bay. We experienced extreme straight line winds last night that took out dozens of trees. The road was impassible, and my wife and kids actually had to get to the cabin via boat.

Friends staying on the other side of the bay at Cry of the Loon had no damage.

We have no power right now, and 2 trees down in the yard. One fell almost exactly between the garage and house. Five feet either way and I'd be calling a contractor. We are blessed...
    Last edited by badgrblair; 07-28-2010 at 12:05 PM. Reason: fix typo

I heard from my Grandparents who live on the end of Shinebecks Point that they have 80% of the trees either broken off or uprooted by thier house. Holes in the roof, one vehicle damaged and pontoon damaged. Road from by Springstead landing out to the point has LOTS of trees down.

I hope all the campers are ok... must have been pretty scary to be on an island when it came through.

Default Look like Pine Island has only a few pine trees left

Lots of damage from Springstead landing to Fishermans. My wife and kids are up there and have sent some pictures. Mostly trees down and some damage to house and garage. Power probably won't be restored for a good week crews are saying. The entire point was hit pretty hard. Boats were floating around..one with the pier still attached to it. Looks like weather will cooperate with clean up efforts. Town of Springstead has power.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-07-28 11.15.28.jpg 
Views:	1092 
Size:	208.8 KB 
ID:	10813   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-07-28 11.17.58.jpg 
Views:	992 
Size:	212.2 KB 
ID:	10814   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-07-28 11.18.21.jpg 
Views:	927 
Size:	205.2 KB 
ID:	10815   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-07-28 11.29.04.jpg 
Views:	990 
Size:	202.6 KB 
ID:	10816   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-07-28 11.30.45.jpg 
Views:	976 
Size:	201.8 KB 
ID:	10817  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-07-28 11.31.40.jpg 
Views:	895 
Size:	207.3 KB 
ID:	10818   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1280335780745.jpg 
Views:	956 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	10819   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1280335785497.jpg 
Views:	811 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	10820   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1280335790349.jpg 
Views:	819 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	10821   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1280335795994.jpg 
Views:	793 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	10822  

Default Sorry,

Should have rotated pics before uploading

Default Camping this past week

We spent 6 days on the TFF and cut it short yesterday. Saw the weather, tore down camp (D22) and headed to Springstead with black sky's to our back. Looks like we got out just in time.

Hope everyone is ok out there!

Here's a report from the Lakeland Times.

Default Information

We are planning to come up for our week of vacation on Friday, any updates would be greatly appreciated such as if there is power and accessability to the house. It is on Kein rd just up from Fishermans landing right on the flowage. What a BUMMER!!!! Nothing we can do though, hope everyone is alright!!

Marmaduke:

My place is on Kein Road too, my sister is there now and said that road is clear and there is no damage. The power is on.

Default Thanks

That is good news about the power being on, thank you for the update and hope to see you up there!!
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by luv2brw View Post
    Marmaduke:

My place is on Kein Road too, my sister is there now and said that road is clear and there is no damage. The power is on.

Is this Brad by chance?

Default Springstead - Storm Damage

Lots of damage on the Springstead side of the TFF. My place is near Springstead landing & I had 40-50 trees down and some serious damage to my house and a detached garage. Looks like no power for 3-4 days at minimum.

Springstead, Fishermans & Murray's landings are all closed right now.

Lots of damage on the islands as well as along main shorelines.

Tight Lines,

Tom502
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Main House from Driveway # 1  downsize.JPG 
Views:	814 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	10823   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Detached GArage # 3 downsized.JPG 
Views:	873 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	10824  

wow, sorry to hear that Tom... that looks like a mess.. are the roads open up to your place?

Marmaduke-

Yes, I'm Brad.

Marmaduke-

Yes, I'm Brad.
    Thanks Brad, this is Steve Piotrowski's brother in law. Hope to see you up there!!

Thanks Brad, this is Steve Piotrowski's brother in law. Hope to see you up there!!

Missed you this year - we were up from June 30th until July 18th. I won't be back up until October.

Tom:

You need help cleaning up???

Mark

Mark -

Appreciate the offer but I have had a crew in here for the past 4-5 hours and things are looking much better than this morning.

Tight Lines,

Tom502

Missed you this year - we were up from June 30th until July 18th. I won't be back up until October.
    Bummer, i will be up with Steve in October for a little fall fishing (drinking) hope to see you then!!

Ryan

Default just back from Bastien

I just got back from my Lake Bastien place a bit ago. Turtle Flambeau Dam road and Sportsmans landing are open, no power expected until tomorrow. My friends place at the Lake Bastien condo was crushed by a huge maple. No injuries at this location but some mighty shakey people today. One of the log cabins had 5 trees on it. The people had to break a window to get out. Amazingly the trees must have teepeed so they did not flatten the cabin. Ft Flambeau had tons of trees down. Many of the tops are nowhere to be found. When you come in from the south there is no sign of damage until about 1 mile from the turn off to Turtle Dam rd.

sorry to hear about your place tom. zeke, luv2brw, lund1700 and badgrblair how was the fishing? i'll be coming up north soon hopefully to fish.

Default Camping officially closed

More news:

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/art...lowage-camping

My parents drove up today, and it sounds like most of our trees came down but missed the house and garage. Some shingles were torn off, the dock is upside down and we'll be busy with the chainsaws for a while, but it sounds like we were very fortunate compared to some of the neighbors. Not looking forward to seeing it.

Default Storm Damage

Hey Blue,

Had a trip today and went by your place, you are very lucky compared to all the damage that I witnessed. I didn't get up to Ft. Flambeau or Donner's Bay where there was an awful lot of damage and trees down, but the camp sites from the east side of Big Island along with all of Long Island, all islands in the Baraboo area continuing east to C-5, C-11 into the shortcut into Horseshoe and all the campsites and islands there have received extensive damage, try to remember Pine Island in Horseshoe as it was, it is just about bare of the big pines, it makes a tear come to your eye about all the beauty that has been taken away from all of us by one big storm, not to mention the people that were injured, we pray for them.
    Don Pemble

Fisherman's Landing is open to boats but all camping is closed until further notice

Default Any word on the injured campers?

Some of the news reports said one woman had to be airlifted and was in critical condition... Everything else can be repaired, replaced and cleaned up, and the trees will grow back, but let's hope that those who were injured will make a full recovery and can come back and enjoy many better days on the TFF.

Default Wow

As a long time camper who was just on C12 two weeks ago, I am thankful there weren't more injured campers and pray for those that were. We have endured some terrible storms in 25+ years of camping there but this certainly tops them all. Our group cares deeply about the TFF and I truly appreciate the reports that all of you have been sending. Please keep them coming. To those of you with property there, I'm sorry for your losses. Tom502 says things are looking better and it will get better for you all. My best wishes and again, please keep the reports coming on a special place we all care deeply about.

Default Divine Intervention

Tom502 and Blue, I'm sorry to hear that your places were hit. Hopefully the cleanup is going OK. I was watching a report on WAOW out of Wausau, and they showed a huge tree that had landed on top of one of the campers' tents. After seeing that, I'm really surprised someone wasn't killed....it must have been divine intervention. I agree with Blue, everything other than human life can be replaced. The trees will just take some time.
    "Try not! Do, or do not....there is no try."

Default Is the BlueRanger's Blue Ranger OK?

or will you need to change your name?

Default Rhinelander News Channel 12

http://www.wjfw.com/stories.html?sku=20100728203325

Local news station report on the tornado or 'wind event'.

Click on the picture on the right side of the screen titled "People speak out about storm damage"

Default I'd just have to find another blue one...

But it was safe in the garage, which escaped serious damage.

I would like to know when anybody knows as soon as the camp sites are open again. I am really sorry about any damage that was done to people or property there and hope everybody gets back on their feet again physically and financially. My wife and had a loss this year also, our 26 year old son died in April. We were hoping to come up the 11th thru the 15th since we had been coming up since he was about 4 years old. would appreciate any info as to when the camp sites may be open again

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

Default Tornado Confirmed

The National Weather Service has confirmed that a tornado hit the TFF on Tuesday evening. The story is on www.WJFW.com

The South and East sides of the Lake Bastine area were hit hard. Our cabins are OK other than a window blown out of the FV1 screen porch. We had 2 large pines uprooted and land on our neighbors garage.

Other cabins were not as lucky. Cabins at the Lake Bastine Cond Assoc. were hit hard by falling trees and debris. The Fort Flambeau area was also hit hard with most of their trees leveled, some on top of cabins and vehicles. Donners Bay had a tree go through the roof of their residence, but they are open and operating.

We understand that most of the trees on Long Island and Swimmers Island have been leveled.

On a lighter note, we found the head of our plastic dock owl bobbing on our shoreline. Its body was nowhere to be found. I guess you had to be there, but amid all the devestation, it brought a smile to our faces.

Hang in there everyone. Things will get better. We got power back this afternoon.

www.flambeauvista.com

We just came home from Lake Bastine on Saturday. Wow, unreal. Our prayers are with everyone who was injured and hope for a quick recovery for those who were affected by the storm.

Thumbs up Storm Damage

Blue...Was it some kind of kismit that you posted your tour of the Flowage just a few weeks ago? At least your pictorial survives to allow others to know what the damaged portions of the Flowage actually looked like before Ma Nature did her thing. Thanks for the hard work and the post of your work!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast