The musky fishing has been excellent lately with lots of fish moving around. The windows seem small and inconsistent, but we've had up to 20 follows a day, with 4 or 5 of them in the high 40's to low 50's. Unfortunately many fish are turning away in the figure 8 and returning under better conditions hasn't turned them into biters.

Rocks and weed/rock combos have been the ticket. Everything from points to main lake reefs has been holding big fish. Most fish are coming on Bulldawgs, Invaders, and Hellhounds. Water temps are very high, anywhere from 75 - 80 degrees. Please hold off fishing the 80 degree structure as this can cause significant delayed mortality.

The walleye fishing hasn't showed any signs of slowing down. Bigger fish were a little more elusive than last week, but the number of 15 - 20" fish is incredible. Jigs and Lindy rigs have both been working on the reefs between 18 - 30'. Getting 40 - 50 fish hasn't been a problem, and I know some big fish are still being caught!

I have a few days open for muskies in August, if anybody is interested I am willing to book those dates for a reduced rate. Contact me for details!

Andrew Klassen