www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing in Mid-August

Default Fishing in Mid-August

Hey Mike, my buddies and I are trying to schedule a fishing trip to lake francis case sometime in mid-august to do some walleye fishing from a boat. I was wondering if you could tell us how the fishing generally is this time of year? Would we be better off fishing below the dam or fish above the dam on lake sharpe? Ive never fished lake sharpe before, but I know that the fishing is usually good during the summer months. I am just wondering is mid-august is too late in the summer for good walleye fishing. THanks

The fishing in August should be good to excellent. Last year it was one of our best months. As far as which lake would be better, we will not know until the time comes. We believe that if they drop Francis Case 4-5 feet that the fishing will be excellent there. Sharpe is our staple, so there is a good chance we will be guiding there.

We had 7 boats out today, 2 on Case and 5 on Sharpe. All boats did very well with a couple catching 70-90 fish. My boat caught 50.

One way or another we will try to help you out to have a successful fishing trip.

Mike Allen
    Mike Allen
    Allen's Hillside South Dakota Fishing & Hunting Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.allenshillside.com