www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Muskies Turn On

Default Muskies Turn On

While walleye fishing remains spotty at best, the muskies are on the move. I believe the warm water, surface temps in the mid to high 70's has caused the muskies to put on the feed bag. Weeds are holding a lot of active fish. Rock fish require some wind or low light.

Burning buck tails whether small or the large twin 10's is the ticket. Surface baits and jerks are also moving some fish. With the warm water temps care must be taken when handling the fish. Net as soon as you can and water release is the best method. If you need a picture, leave fish in the water in the net, get your camera ready and take one picture.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com

Murph-
    How's the night bite been?

I haven't been up since July 4th...but some guests staying at our cabin had quite a few follows...some really big fish they said...and eventually got one to bite. Personal best for him...50.5 inch fish they said.

Default Nite Bite

Have not been out much after dark, really do not have to with the day action. I would assume it is good the way the fish are moving. 51 inch Bulldawg fish taken on the rocks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0708_2.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	143.4 KB 
ID:	11039  
    Jim Murphy

Nice fish Murph. Heading up to Portage area next weekend. Are there any rocks up worth cking out north of sub? any up by the campground??

tx

Default Rocks

Sub and the Annex are the closest rocks to Portage. The fish have been active in the Portage area.
    Jim Murphy

Caught fat 45 in the weeds near Bear in 10 feet early evening on a reef hawg. Have seen rock fish at Sub, have spent brief time on Pelican but saw nothing. When windy have been on other area lakes and have moved fish using cranks.
    djwilliams
    Ames, Iowa

thanks murph, looking forward to the weekend and the hot weather should hopefully turn em on! I will give a full report for all.

s
    -had anyone used the Bulldozer blades in front of the bull dawgs? they make sense to me but have not tried em...thanks in advance.
    s