www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report 7/28/10

Default Fishing Report 7/28/10

Panfish are still going good, they have backed off the shoreline a little bit but are still in 2 to 4 feet of water. Most of the panfish are being caught on worms or waxies yet. Smallmouth action is going good, tubes, and jigs with chompers seem to be the ticket. Leeches are also working for the smallies. Musky fishing is picking up and the bigger fish are starting to move. A client boated a 43.5 over the weekend with me, Friday a client lost an upper 40's fish and Monday I had a fish in the 48" range to the boat 3 times.
    Customers are reporting catches of fish in the mid to upper 40's this week as well.

If your headed to the Turtle Flambeau Flowage check the posts here on outdoor network or call ahead. At this time the landings on this end of the flowage are closed. I talked to the dock guy in park falls and he is waiting to get in because his customers are calling him to get their docks and boats out of the trees.
    Ross's Sport Shop & Fishing Guide Service
    John Carlson

Web Site: http://www.rosssportshop.com

John:

What's got the muskies going???

I heard it was tough up there (TFF) last night. Mostly the wind along with rain???

Mark

Mark,
    We have been getting them on Dreamcatcher 4-Banger (topper style) surface baits and Standard sized Dreamcatcher Bucktails. Moving them fast. On the bucktails we have been holding the rod tip low and reeling them as fast as we can without the bait blowing out of the water. Seems like speed is the trigger, if you work the bait slow the fish just follow but if you move it past them fast the fish don't take the time to think they just react. I have been trying some double 10's but it seems like the smaller stuff is doing better for me right now.
    Ross's Sport Shop & Fishing Guide Service
    John Carlson

Web Site: http://www.rosssportshop.com