www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing report

Default Fishing report

If you don't like to sleep the fishing is great! What do I mean by that? Well it's like this. Quite a few years ago an invasive species of clam called a Zebra Mussel showed up in the Great Lakes. They are filter feeders which means they filter the water which makes it clearer. (I'm making it a lot simpler than it is)

Now back to the fishing. The clearer water makes it easier for the fish to see the lures. It also makes it easier to see the downrigger balls, boats, props etc. The fish aren't happy about this so they get a little spooky when the sun is up and the visability improves. That's why I suggested that you have to give up a little sleep for great fishing. We are now enjoying two great bites. The first one occurs very early. How early? Well we are now waking the roosters up in the morning. Some of the captains are leaving the docks as early as 3AM.

The second great bite occurs around dark with some captains starting their charters at 6 PM and staying out until midnight! Do we catch fish during the day? Of course but if your planning a trip don't forget the two prime times.

See ya on the water.
    After U II Charters
    Captain Joe Penar

Web Site: http://www.afteruiicharters.com
    E-mail:josephpenar@aol.com

Talking

The good part about fishing this year is the Kings are here! We have the cold water on our side of the lake and many 4 year old King Salmon are being caught. If you haven't had the opportunity to fight a Salmon over 12lb, now is one of your best chances to reel one in. This fall is going to be exciting, as the 4 year olds keep eating these monsters willl reach up to 20lb+. There are salt water fishermen that catch 100# fish that will tell you that fighting a 20lb salmon is by far the best fight of any fresh water fish and many salt water fish!

Try the sunset fishing trip, when the sun goes down on the water it is a magical and memorizing sight, when that big one hits you will never forget the evening, the fish and of course the crew on the AFTER U II!

Fly Dave