www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: LOTW Trip 2010 recap

Default LOTW Trip 2010 recap

Well the Flatlanders had another wonderful trip to the Baystore. Thanks again go out to Laura and Frank for their hospitality and Jake for his expert docksmanship. The trip this year was a tremendous success. First, everyone in camp boated at least one fish. Second, the weather was fantastic with fish showing up both in the weeds and a few on the rocks.
    Listed below is how everyone did. I would just like to make a trip sometime where the wind didn't blow at 30+ MPH for 3 days. There were several personal bests. I will try to list them all but I am sure I will miss something. Please note the small fraction of inches was a running joke on some of the fish. However Jerry Oestreich's 51 1/16 was a legit 1/16 over 51.

Art Matlock - 42, personal best
    Mark Johnson - 37, 46, 38

Ted Ustich - 32 1/16, 45, 42
    Gene Seuring - 34, 32, 48, 45, 42

Wally Haas - 46.5 personal best, 48 newer personal best, 38, 34 - total fish personal best for the LOTW trip
    and a 401/8 inch pike - personal best and big rough fish for the week
    Jerry Oestreich - 37, 38, 40, 38, 51 1/16 perosnal best, 42, 42, 42, 48 1/2, 42 1/2, 40, 38, 36 1/2 - total fish personal best for the LOTW trip

Jack Pertz - 39, 40, 34, 41, 44 - total fish personal best for the LOTW trip
    Kevin Stenzel - 39, 49 personal best, 38, 39 1/2 - total fish personal best for the LOTW trip

Dave Jack - 39, 40, 35, 45 1/2, 42 3/4, 39 1/2, 44, 45, 47 1/2 49 1/2 - total fish personal best for the LOTW trip
    Derek Ward - 41, 45 1/2
    Chris Riebe - 41 1/2, 49, 38, 41, 37, 39 1/2,

Pat Brugman - 42 personal best
    Steve Ruhmann - 36, 45, 37 1/2, 35 1/2, 40, 44 1/2, 39 1/2, 36 1/2 - total fish personal best for the LOTW trip

Total fish for the trip, 65 or a 5 fish per fisherman average.

I also want to thank Frank for leaving a little surprise in my boat most mornings which we shared with the rest of the group. These little items were a big hit.

See all of you next year and good luck to those who are currently up there and those going. The big fish are starting to show up.

Steve Ruhmann

Congratulations Steve! It sounds like you guys had a fun trip. We were getting nice updates from Jerry O to Phil on text messages. It sure gets the blood flowing waiting for the next report to come. Ted's 32 1/16" sounds like a nice fish. I can picture him telling everyone the size. I hope the new guys enjoyed the trip. How did Pat like the waves?! Fun, huh? Nice job.

Jeff

Any word on how Lee Bach's group did that went to LOTW and stayed at Tamarack?

Thanks Jeff, Pat did not get too concerned about the waves and wind. I ran the boat most of the time so it was easy for him to sit back and pick apart the structure. We just did the rain suit thing to keep dry. Lee's group got (20), largest being Lee's 47 with Lee also taking home the most at (9). You will have to ask Les about his little boat adventure. FIRE !!! We too had some little adventures, like going 72 in a 55, that was a close one. Paying duty at the same cost as the bottle itself cost. Finding the anti theft devise " the club" on my steering wheel, the "hard rubber" bucktail, and a snake skin. Then I lost my battery charger due to a flood and the final thing of donating my net somewhere between Jesse and Sleepy Hollow. But did I mention it was a great trip !!!!

Steve

Welcome to the "lost net club". I lost mine on Lac Suel. Makes for an interesting few days later. Congratulations again on the trip. Sounds like everyone had a lot of fun. Did Les have engine trouble or did Lee drop a cig on the carpet?

Jeff

Yah, the lost net club, you are the founding member and now I can be the assistant. at least I did not need it the last day since Pat and I fished with Frank. Before I left I was able to replace it with a net that I got from Frank.
    Les pulled a Tim and set the engine on fire in a camp boat. He was by himself and forgot to take the handheld radio. So he put out his fire and then proceeded to use the trolling motor to head back to camp. Then some one who worked at the resort saw him and towed him in. I think I have a "special gift" somewhere at home for him. Should of thought about it for Tim.

Steve