www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Minnesota pike and walleye fishing

Default Minnesota pike and walleye fishing

Just curious if anyone (including Chad) has a suggestion for a Minnesota fishing spot for me. Would most likely go anytime between Late August to early September. I like to fish for decent size Northerns and for walleye. Been spoiled by LOW in Canada but I need to scale back a little and so I thought I'd see if I could find somewhere in MN to go. A less crowded lake would be preferred and I have my own boat. Any lake ideas would be appreciated along with website and/or phone # of a camp if known. Thanks
    Last edited by Castaway57; 07-18-2010 at 12:06 AM. Reason: clarification

Leech Lake has great walleye and decent pike fishing. Numerous resorts there too. Sucker and Portage bay have lots of pike in them.
    Chad Cain Guide Service
    Chad Cain

Web Site: http://www.chadcain.com

Lake Vermilion near Cook, MN is very good for pike up to 40". As Chad knows, it is a great musky lake, too. Also walleye, smallies and lm bass. Been going there for almost 30 years and will be there second week in Sept. this year.

Thanks for the replies and info. Do Leech and Vermillion have islands to fish around or are they mostly open water? Also, does the boat traffic slow down a lot in September?

would you mind telling me where you are staying while at Vermillion, or the names of a couple reputable camps to stay at? Thanks

We stay at Life of Riley Resort on the west end of the lake. Nothing fancy, but a good camp. Good docks. West end more weeds. East end more rocks, although there are rocks everywhere. 365 islands on the lake and it fishes like many small lakes if you want. Plenty of places to get out of the wind. Enough structure for a lifetime. Leaving on Wed. midday. If I can help furthwer, post on here before then.

Should have said look at lakevermilion.com. All the info you could want is on there.

Thanks a lot for the information! Hope you have a great time and a safe trip.

Mike