www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: New to TFF

Default New to TFF

I haven't fished the TFF yet, been fishing in the area many years though. Primarily I'm a Bass fisherman (especially smallmouth). Can anyone give me advice on the good Smallmouth areas, good landings near FF, areas to avoid because of underwater debris etc.? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank's,
    Curt

Curt:

There is Murray's Landing on the east, Fisherman's Landing on the north, Springstead landing on the southeast and I think they call it Sturgeon on the Turtle arm under Lake of the Falls and Sportsman landing Southwest near the dam. I may be a bit off on these, but other will correct me. Where are you staying and trying to attack the TFF from??? Lots of the Big Water/Beaver Flats area is smaller islands that have rock points on them, you could probably bounce from one to another and spend days working it.

Blue Ranger and AndrewR both worked up decent spring reports on smallies that should give enough information for you to look at a map and try to figure out what the smallies are up to.

Also regarding the hazards, put the boat in, go slow and watch your depthfinder, being prepared to trim up and also bump some stuff along the way. Only go fast once you know where you are at... Once you know where you are at and choose to run, be prepared to still hit something!!!

Mark

We stay at the inlaws cabin on Tank Lake, will probably try Fisherman's Landing. I'll have to get a good lake map. We'll be up again the first week in August, sure hope the fishin is good it's getting kinda slow around here. Thank's for the reply.

I'm goin fishin now,

Curt