www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Boat Launches

Default Boat Launches

I will be coming up tommorrow and was curious the condition of Donner's launch, if anyone can and how much it cost to launch there. I no there is a public launch farther down Turtle Dam Rd but staying at Lake Bastine thought it would be closer. Also is there anywhere to get bags of ice near the flowage Lake Bastine, (Donners or Camp One ? )
    Thanks for any and all responses.

dewkid:

I haven't been on that side for a long time, but I thought at one time there was a landing near the dam.

Mark

Default Boat Launch

There is a boat launch about a mile south of Donner's Bay resort (Sportsman Landing), but here's the deal. Donner's has a $2.00 launch fee. By the time you drive to the free launch, drive the car back, and motor the boat back the extra distance, you'll spend far more than 2 bucks and probably lose a more valuable hour + from you vacation.

Now that the water is up, Donner's is the best deal in your situation since you're staying in Lake Bastine.

They also have ice at Donner's

Years ago we stayed at Donner's and used their boat and a motor from the resort over on Bastine. I would launch at Donner's given the choice, even in lower water.

Mark

Smile

Donners Bay launch is in fine shape with the water up, nice parking, great pizza, ice, bait, what more could a fisher person want, fish I guess, enjoy your getaway.
    Last edited by George G; 07-18-2010 at 01:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

Default The Water is Fine, So Come on In!

The water level is great for this time of year. We pontooned past the dam this afternoon and it is only 6"-8" below pool. Keep in mind that we are usually only at pool at ice out in April.

Come and enjoy God's Country at its' finest.

www.flambeauvista.com