www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 7/13/10

Default 7/13/10

Bluegill are hitting great, you have to do a lot of sorting on some of the area lakes but you can catch a good mess of them pretty much on any lake in the area right now. All of the gills that we are putting in the boat are being caught on 2 or 3 waxies on a #6 ELA Eagle Claw hook under a bobber. You have to get close to the brush so expect to hang up. Most of the fish that we are finding are in fallen trees or some type of shallow wood but we are also pulling some out of pockets in the weeds. We are also hitting the weeds with Weedless Spoons for some great Pike action, we have boated pike in the last week up to 30" and I have had reports of a couple pike in the mid 30's this week. In the thick weeds (like on Wilson) hold your rod tip high and the spoon will walk on top of the weeds, the Pike have been slamming it. We have also been doing great on Smallmouth. Again wood is the key with some fish on weed edges. I have been using 4" tubes weighted with an internal 1/8 oz bell sinker and a 3/0 EWG hook. Stop in the store and I will show you how its rigged. Walleye have been slow in the daytime but active in the early morning and evenings, Most of the Walleye are being taken on leeches and crawlers.

Good Luck this weekend
    Ross's Sport Shop & Fishing Guide Service
    John Carlson

Web Site: http://www.rosssportshop.com

sounds like a good river smallie trick. i'll stop by tomorrow morning!