www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: July fishing

Default July fishing

Well, I appoligize to our readers for not keeping up on my fishing report. Just alot of other stuff going on.
    But fishing has been good. We have had lots of extreme rain, thunder and lighting storms the past few weeks. But fishing hasn't changed that much from day to day.
    Walleyes are flooded onto the reefs. They seem to be off the edge in the morning 20-15 feet and by the time the afternoon heat kicks in they move right on top to the reef and go on a feeding frenzy. I am talking 10 feet or shallower. It will be like this for awhile now. just don't be afraid to go shollow when it gets hot out.
    As for the pike they are in the tall cabbage weeds more out in the middle of the big weed beds. Spinner baits always seem to work the best in the tall weeds.
    Most of the muskies have moved to the rocks. Wind blown points, rock piles are always key when it gets warm. But never count out the big weed beds cuase that is where some of the biggest fish hang out all summer. Talked with some guys that seem to be doing best during the evening moon phase. But everybody is still seeing and catching fish all day long. One of our staff caught a 42" er right off our dock at camp. It was his first muskie.
    Here is a picture of it. Con Grads to him.
    It was good getting back on here and I will keep my reports up to date more offten.
    Thanks for checking in and don't forget to check the web site in the whats new section on all the big fish that are being caught in camp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jol muskie.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	10509  
    Duck Bay Lodge
    Thatcher Haggberg

Web Site: http://www.duckbaylodge.com