www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lost Lake bound

Default Lost Lake bound

Our family is heading to Lost Lake just north of St. Germain for the week of 7-17 through 7-24. Does anyone have suggestions on fishing this lake? We have been fishing outside of Minocqua for many years and this is the first time at this new lake. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We have two wonderful Grand kids coming and want to begin their fishing experiences with a good time.

I have fished Lost Lake heavily for over 40 years. We have owned a place on it for over 30 years. It can be a great fishing lake at certain times of the year. Panfish and northerns are always abundant in the weeds. In July, largemouth bass are usually in the shallows around docks and thick "slop" in the bays. Muskies can be found also in the weeds or weed edges. It is a great crappie lake (look for cabbage weeds). Walleye fishing can be the most inconsistent. Again, try weed edges or the 2 rock bars out from Dorway resort. This year, the weeds are ahead of most years in my opinion. Good luck!!

Talking Lost Lake Bound

Thank you Bob, I really appreciate the feedback. Have 2 Grand Kids coming up and looking for something to keep them amused but also build some memories. But then Gramma really likes her Walleye. But Crappies are always alot of fun too. We'll be bringing many nightcrawlers, but will be trying the artificial too. Would you suggest minnows at all?

I would suggest small minnows for crappies and larger for northerns. I would reccommend leeches on a jig or slip bobber for walleyes. Get them from Ray's. They are always the best. Where are you staying and what kind of boat do you fish out of? I will be up Monday and look for your boat. I will be up for the week and try to point you in the right direction...and, I would be happ to tell you some great spots for the grandkids.

Cool Toetoe2

Bob, Thanks for the information, will be checkng out Rays. We found a private party on the internet, Walden's on Lost Lake at 8076 Lost Lane. My wife and I will be in a red/white Starcraft 15' with a 40 merc. Just a comfortable fishing boat for the two of us. One Grand Daughter is 5 and she has been my buddy since the day she was born. So she will be with us most of the time. She asked the other day if we can catch a Salmon? and I told her probably more like a Bluegill. She got really excited and wanted to go look at some pictures of Gramma with a bluegill. The Daughter is using a boat that comes with the rental. Looks like the weather will be cooperating so far. I'll keep an eye for you too.

This is good info that you got....it's good to see that other people fill in and help out with the questions when we get too busy....if walleye aren't cooperating there, there are always other near by options...Arbor Vitae's, Plum, Trout, etc...

Good Luck!
    Rob Manthei Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.robmanthei.com

http://www.stgermainlodge.com

Toetoe2,
    Just wondering how you did last week. I didn't make it up until late in the week. I saw your boat at the dock on Friday but didn't see you on the water. Fishing was very poor for me. Hope you did better.