Hi Folks,

Sorry for not being on here in a while now. This 4th of July week has been pretty nuts around the resort. I did have a couple guide trips this past week.

The pattern that I did have going, pulling cranks on flats is gone after we had heavy winds in that 40 mph range for 3 days. so I had to start searching. I tried working deep structure where I was marking fish but was not able to do much of anything. so I then went out and started to search the mud flats in the middle of the lake for fish. While I was doing this it was flat calm 90 some degrees and had a mat of mayfly's over the entire lake. these fish were feeding on the mayfly's heavy. You could see the mayfly's coming out of the mud on the graph and would also see arks around these mayfly's that were hatching.
So I started fishing down deep with cranks and we started picking up fish, some nice fish too. At the end of the day we pulled 14 walleyes and kept one limit of nice sized eaters. I will be experimenting a little bit more with this technique trying to fine tune a few things. I did not try any crawler harnesses but think it would be worth a try.

Other reports that I have been getting from my customers. is that they are catching fish in the weeds. They are catching both perch and walleye. I've also heard of people casting the shore lines and picking quiet a few northern and small mouth bass.

That's about it for now.

Have a great day on the water !!

Tim Long