www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Heading North

Default Heading North

Well were pulling out next sat. the 17th for are 2 week trip and will be looking for a certain toothy critter. Timbrr if your going to be around I'd like to buy you a beer one nite at northern pines just give us a date and time hopefully you can give us some advice on Butternut that will help.
    teenfisher how's your dad doing? Are you heading north anytime soon?
    I'll be keeping an eye out for a white bayliner.
    Thanks,
    Dave

my dad is doing fine now, thanks for asking. i might be coming up north on the 12th or 13th til the 17th. damn, i would just miss you. well if i make it up there i'll report something for you to work off.

teenfisher,
    if you make it up water temps and any advice would be great.
    A friend was up a couple of weeks ago they had musky/northern wise good luck on Pixley and butternut got a 10lb northern out of cranberry with some bass and his mom caught a walleye out of blockhouse along with some northern everything was caught on spinnerbaits.
    I'm just hoping with all the rain they had in june water levels will be down some when we head up.
    Good luck.

i will make sure to do report on everything and it looks like i will be going up. sounds like your friend did REALLY good. i was up 3 weeks ago. i only fished 1 day, the other day it rained/stormed hard and didn't have the proper gear for that. the one day we did fish we spent half day on cranberry in which we only caught a couple small pike and lost a small walleye at the boat casting spinner type baits in the bays, couldn't find any bluegills in the shallows as it was the day after a big storm. the second half of the day i went to butternut, fished a weed bed (5-8ft) on the south end and caught a 16in walleye on a perch spinner bait. little late haha. for more reports check out lake-link.com .

Quote Originally Posted by Flambeau Riverman View Post
    Well were pulling out next sat. the 17th for are 2 week trip and will be looking for a certain toothy critter. Timbrr if your going to be around I'd like to buy you a beer one nite at northern pines just give us a date and time hopefully you can give us some advice on Butternut that will help.
    teenfisher how's your dad doing? Are you heading north anytime soon?
    I'll be keeping an eye out for a white bayliner.
    Thanks,
    Dave
    Hey Dave, Any day works for us except the 24th thru the 27th. We have friends coming up then. P.M. me before you leave and we can figure it out. P.S. I was out on your favorite water with my neighbor and he picked up a 37 inch pike there. Talk soon Joe

Default up north trip

well, sadly i won't be going up north tomorrow due to my dads work situation. sorry i won't be able to give you a report on anything before your trip. there is still a decent chance i will be able to go up north sometime in late july or early august (maybe during your trip). i will report later saying if i will be going up once i found out. hope you do well out there, Keith.

Hey teenfisher,
    sorry to here your not heading north will be up till around the 30th.
    I'll send you a report on temps an water levels and how the fishing went when we get back.
    thanks for the info on northern cleaning i'm just not good at it that damn y-bone i tend to tear up the fillets I can clean pannies bass perch no problem.
    We used to have an older gentleman clean our northern but sadly he has passed. He'd use a electric carving knife like you'd use on thankgiving day cutting a turkey and could do 6 northerns in under 5 minutes I'd hardly have a beer cracked open and he'd be done. I guess I'll figure it out I'm going to try to download that video I know it will help. I'll keep an eye out for a white bayliner towards the end of july.
    Dave